Monday 19 April 2010

Mission accomplished

Tooting Bec Lido was up to a balmy 12 degrees C today, so thought I'd do at least 2.5km or 28 lengths. Got to 28 and thought why not do 30? Got to 30 and thought, "Might as well do 3km" or 33 lengths. But you have to come back, so then I thought 2 more and I've done 2 miles. So 36 lengths of Tooting Bec Lido - officially 3.0454 miles! Timed at 62 minutes.

Oh and had a lovely, leisurely 10 lengths with t'other Carl and his shameful mate, Steve, on Saturday morning, when it was at 10.5 degrees C. Why shameful you ask? Well he was wearing a wetsuit and he's the author of a book on shame. Which I couldn't find a reference to on-line...cause for more shame?

Anyways. now I've done the two miler I think I'll stick to maximum 2km swims for the time being.

Log - 4.2km in two swims. 0.91km at 10 degrees and 3.29km (2 miles) at 12 degrees.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! I don't think I could have stayed in that long, did another 24 this morning maybe I could have done a couple more but I was ready to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felt amazing afterwards. A little numb in the feet, but otherwise less cold than after a mile at 8 degrees.

    ReplyDelete