Thursday 22 April 2010

couldn't resist

Got up with Kate this morning and thought I might as well go to the Lido earlier than usual. Signed in at 7.45am and met Jo Scanlan on the way in. She's doing a 10K swim in September in the Lake District, but I'd met her on a Swimtrek holiday in the Inner Hebrides last year.

I thought (see Mission accomplished post) that I'd stick to 2km, but I felt fine in the sunshine, so kept going to 2 miles. Then had a long luxurious sauna, met Alex in person, had a chat about TI and Art of Swimming styles with Elizabeth, then hopped back on the bike for a ride home.

Log - 3.3km or 2 miles at 12 degrees.

4 comments:

  1. Good to meet you. Beautiful weather this morning, I could have stayed in longer if I didn't have to get to work. It was fun racing Alfonso. I hope to try two miles this week-end if I have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work and other commitments will probably keep me out of the pool for a week or so. Might manage Tuesday morning; but otherwise Friday 30 is my only April day. I'm sure you'll do the two miles - it'll only add a quarter of an hour to the time you're in at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still not managed it, I did 30 lengths on Sunday but was getting too cold so I had to get out. Twenty two is no problem but after that I stuggle with the temperature. I'll give it another go later this week if I have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex - 30 is great - especially if you're feeling the cold. I know I'm a bit more lardy than you and wear jammers - maybe that explains it?

    ReplyDelete