Friday 14 January 2011

mmm...overachieving

I've been up in Cumbria for a couple of days, but unable to swim due to long work hours. So I was really looking forward to a swim in the lido. I've noticed that the temperature has been picking up and hoping that the lido had got a little warmer, but not too much. Coincidently I got a call from the Telegraph journalist who wanted to experience cold water swimming for a piece on the Cold Water Swimming Championships. This morning, I met David, Clara (the photographer) and t'other Carl and we briefed him on how to get in, what to expect and how to recover afterwards. We were kidding him that the pool had warmed up (from 2 degrees last weekend, to 4 degrees today) and that he had no chance of getting hypothermic.

He got in, found it incredibly cold, but perservered and swam a width. Carl and I did 600 yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment