Sunday 16 January 2011

1st km of the year

Decided to do a little more on entering the lido and seeing the sign saying 5.5 degrees. Got in with Tricky with the intention of doing 8 lengths (800 yards), got to the end of the eighth and felt fine so went on to do another three to make the kilometre.

Kate meanwhile did a fantastic 8 widths (300m) without gloves and boots and didn't suffer white finger. What a difference a few degrees makes. See her first width here.


Meanwhile, t'other Carl comes to the pool and is informed that I'd done a km, so promptly does 12 lengths!

2 comments:

  1. That's impressive. I hope this 'warmer' weather lasts, I want to try and get back in this week but I'll be aiming for a lot shorter distances. If I don't see you before I hope to be around next week end for the Cold water championships (as a spectator).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - be good to see you again Alex.

    ReplyDelete