Friday 5 November 2010

natural swimming

Got in the pool today, and mindful of the fainting episodes, told the Aaron (one of the lifeguards) that I'd do two km. He was tranquil about this having seen me do this distance at less than 10 degrees. My first length was wonderful. Felt like I was cutting through a crust of leaves on the surface of the pool, reminding me of river swims where you're brushed by the weeds and fell twigs lightly scratch you as you go by.

Unfortunately I was asked to move to the clear side of the pool, as the other swimmers in the pool didn't want to swim through leaves. Did 2km without feeling adverse. The pool is up to 12 degrees, and while not exactly balmy, it feels a lot easier to swim in. Then spend 20 mins in the sauna chatting to people about how to spot hypothermia and how to be sensible about the lengths you swim. I kept my distances to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment