Monday 15 November 2010

Baltic

Got to the lido and the temperature has dropped again. The sign says 8 degrees, my body says it's less - it certainly felt colder than the sea on Saturday. Did 730 yards (6 lengths and 4 widths) and although I shivered afterwards, and am still a little fresh an hour later, I feel fantastic. From now on it's Baltic conditions, with Artic to come. I have to do 13 mins at 6 degrees to qualify for the endurance race at the Cold Water Swim Championships. Almost there.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you're taking part in the Cold Water Swimming Championships, hope to see you there! It will be good to see you again. There's a good group of us heading over from Sandycove, looking forward to it :)

    Keep us updated on the water temperature...it sounds like it's dropping fast unfortunately! The lake is about 8-9deg here so we're a bit behind ye. It still won't be long before we can get those qualification swims in here too though if the weather stays as cold as it's been the past week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - glad to hear there's a good lot of you coming over from Sandycove. We'll have to find a good pub to go to afterwards. I'll get big Carl onto that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's got so cold since I left, the water here is lovely but I don't know if I'll make it back into Lido waters next week.

    ReplyDelete