Thursday 29 July 2010

with no competitions to think about...

it seems more seemly to enter the water and move through it in a more leisurely fashion. So a lovely km with Kate in Tooting on Monday. With many pauses at the end of lengths and lots of breathing drills - 11 strokes, then 9, then 7, then 5, then 3, then back up to 11 again.

And today in Greenwich Arches, as Kate's just had a swimming lesson from The Art of Swimming crew and needed to do her drills. So I did a couple of kms, some lengths slow and languid, some pacy, some breaststroke and a few increasing the distance between me and someone else in the lane.

2 comments:

  1. As always the Lido is quieter in August. I did a 56 length swim on Sunday which was wonderful the temperature has slightly dropped to about 68 or 69, it was in the 70's before.
    I'm going on another Swimtrek, I've been asked to write a feature about them so I'm looking at going on the Egypt trip in November. See you around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quieter this morning. 56! Good to speak to you today.

    ReplyDelete