Wednesday 23 June 2010

catch up

Three weeks of updates -

One week in Croatia with Swimtrek (see pics) - 25km over the week. A lovely combination of island crossings, down the coast swims and playful, leisurely swims in the morning, lunch and evening. If you swim and you also want a sun drenched, blissed out holiday - this is the one for you.

One week in Canada at a conference centre just inland from Georgian Bay (a massive offshoot of Lake Huron) - 4km in the hotel outdoor pool. Could have done more, but was working most days from 8am to 6pm; and then drinking with the burly fellas who made up most of the participants.

This week - back in the cool embrace of Tooting Bec lido. A mile on Monday and 2km today. I thought I'd do a two miler, but after 40 minutes I just couldn't be bothered. Nice to have the sun shine down and have a quick catch up with Elizabeth, Alex and Pip though.

I'm in the Seahorse Challenge on Sunday morning (3.8km round Studland Bay in Dorset) and am thinking it will be a leisurely swim.

1 comment:

  1. The Croatia pics look amazing - I can't wait to get to Turkey for my swim. I've not gone any further than 2 miles (36 lengths) in the Lido yet this year, I just haven't had the time. Enjoy Sunday and don't forget the sunscreen!

    ReplyDelete