Tuesday 19 October 2010

temperatures falling fast

Just two weeks ago it was 15 degrees C in the lido. After a week in Vienna I was keen for a cold swim, so went with Kate for a dip on Saturday morning. The pool was a cool 12 degrees and it felt like it. Didn't get numb fingers or toes, but could feel the chill enveloping my chest for the first few hundred metres. Got out after a kilometre and sat in the sauna for a while.

Did another kilometre on Monday at lunchtime with the sun on my back; and two kilometres today without the direct sun - as it hadn't risen high enough yet. Again it felt cooler and was told on exiting that it was down to 11 degrees.

I'm going to aim for three kilometres tomorrow, but knowing it's just two more lengths of Tooting for two miles, may well end up doing that. My aim is two miles at sub-10 degrees; as I'll need to be able to do this come next June in the Outer Hebrides.

No comments:

Post a Comment